Inspired by old bucket-shaped satchels, from apple-picking bags to firemen’s buckets to leather feed sacks. Finished with an overalls/apron-like front, this bag reflects the roots of early Americana.
When closed, the bag is neat and tidy and a workhorse for everyday carrying, be it for tools, diapers, or daily hauling. Basket-like when unzipped, the bag is a treat for small garden harvesting, going to market, picnicking or any kind of over-stuffing.
Constructed waxed canvas originated in the sailing industry in Scotland in the 1920s and became widely used in sportswear and apparel because of its waterproofing abilities and superb durability.
- 15 oz. waxed duck canvas (19 oz. with wax)
- Leather handles from dead-stock to well-worn WWII gun-sling
- Vintage fabric pocket lining varies from bag to bag
- Vintage zipper color varies from bag to bag
- Zipper separates and tucks inside bag when not in use
- Brass rivets
- 1 exterior and 3 interior pockets
Fiber Content: 100% Waxed Duck Canvas (View Fabric Guide)